Our body loses its strength and mobility as we age, and this elevates the risk of falling, injuries, and fractures, and weakens the core muscles. These muscles are the most important ones in the body, as they support it and ensure a proper posture.
A strong and flexible core underpins most of the movements during the day:
- All our everyday acts, like turning behind, standing, bending to put on the shoes, dressing and bating, all of these rely on the core muscles
- All activities like standing lifting twisting call on these muscles
- The core stabilizes the body and maintains a proper body balance
- Strong core muscles will ensure a proper body posture and prevent slouching, lowering the risk of wear and tear of the spine
- A strong core is needed for all sports and pleasurable activities, like biking, baseball, swimming, golfing, tennis, rowing, sexual activities, etc.
- Core exercises effectively relieve back pain
- Gardening and housework, and all the movements they involve target the core muscles
Therefore, we suggest trying the following exercises as they are the most effective ones in the struggle to form and strengthen these muscles.
Targeting the core muscles is far different than strengthening the abs since this will provide strength, stability, and improve mobility. The core muscles include the hip muscles, back glutes, pelvic floor, the lower back muscles, front ab muscles, and the diaphragm top muscle.
Here are the best exercises to tone them and get a healthier and stronger body for women:
Front Toe Drops-- These exercises will easily strengthen the core muscles
Side Knee Drops-- They focus on the oblique and tone all abs
Bridge-- It strengthens the whole abdominal area
Straight Leg Drops-- these exercises target the transverse abdominal muscles and the obliques
Four-Point Balance-- This exercise improves body balance and strengthens the abs
Hip Circles-- They are a bit challenging, but offer amazing effects